We made a whole roast chicken for the fist time yesterday. It turned out quite yummy!
Our oven has a "roast" setting and we used that at 400 F. It turned out quite amazing.
1 whole chicken
1 head of garlic peeled and chopped
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup butter pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
salt and pepper
1 lemon, halved
1. Preheat oven to 400F on Roast
2. Spray roasting pan or line with foil.
3. Wash chicken and pat dry. Make sure to remove everything from cavities.
4. Combine melted butter, olive oil, juice of half lemon, and white wine. Mix and pour on chicken, making sure to get inside the cavity and under skin.
5. Place garlic and butter pieces under chicken skin and in cavity.
6. Place chicken in pan breast side up. Place remaining half lemon into the cavity.
7. Bake for about 1:10 minutes until juices from thigh run clear when speared.
8. When cooked, let rest for 10 minutes out of the oven.
We served with mashed potatoes, but it could be good with anything!
What we liked:
It was fun to make something new. The skin turned out great too!
What we didn't like:
Nothing, it was great.
What Kaspian, Astrid and Orion thought about it:
They loved it. Astrid and Orion especially liked eating the chicken legs like barbarians :)
No changes needed.