This is a super easy, fun and yummy recipe that leaves everyone happy and fulfilled. Make sure to use good hot dogs though.
original recipe https://lovelylittlekitchen.com/homemade-pigs-in-a-blanket/
2 1/4 teaspoons dry active yeast
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons oil (olive or sunflower)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
12 or 16 hot dogs
1 tablespoon milk
1. Mix yeast, warm water, oil, sugar, salt together in a stand mixer bowl.
2. Add flour, while mixing with the dough hook.
3. When a dough ball forms that is not too sticky, stop. Cover with saran wrap and towel on top.
4. Let rise for about an hour
5. Preheat oven to 400.
6. Divide the dough into the number of hot dogs or sausages you have. make long strips that you then flatten.
7. Wrap each flat strip around each hot dog.
8. Place onto a cookie sheet lined with silicon mat about an inch or so apart so they don't rise into each other.
8. Combine egg and milk and brush on to each hot dog sprinkling with sesame seeds on top (this is optional but does add to the final dish)
9. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
10. Serve with dipping sauces while still hot!
What we liked:
Quick, yummy and handheld!
What we didn't like:
Nothing, it was great
What Kaspian thought about it:
Loved them. So did Deda!
no changes needed, just make more!
Post a Comment